Should You Wrap Your Trees for Protection?
Providing the right protection for your trees, during the winter months is essential to their health and growth. Tree wrapping is one way you can ensure your tree is protected from damaging winds and weather. It is most beneficial for younger trees to make it through the winter without too much damage. They can also be used year-round, depending on the type of tree and the elements of the area. The purpose of a tree wrap is to cover either the base or the entire tree for its protection.
Why Should You Wrap Your Trees?
● It will help protect your tree from sun scalding because of the sun bounce off the snow.
● Wraps help keep the tree insulated so whatever heat it has naturally stays constant.
What Can You Use To Wrap A Tree?
● Polypropylene Fabric is a stark white material that gives the tree some stability but it still has some stretch to it.
● Crinkle Paper is a craft paper with asphalt-based adhesive between layers. It will need to be replaced more often than the polypropylene fabric.
● Corrugated cardboard can blend in with tree bark very well, but it’s not good for winter since cardboard can’t get wet.
Generally, tree wraps should only be for winter to early spring. Remove the wraps when the temperature stays consistently warm.